Tuesday, February 26, 2013





The Oath of Office…Defined

I do solemnly (having or showing sincerity and gravity) swear (to declare solemnly or forcefully that what is said is true) or affirm: (declare to be true) that I will (power to decide) support (keep stable) and defend (to protect from attack, harm, or danger) the Constitution of the United States against all enemies (somebody who hates or seeks to harm), foreign and domestic; that I will (power to decide) bear (tolerate) true (genuine, not pretended, insincere, or artificial)  faith (belief or trust) and allegiance (devoted support) to the same; that I take this obligation (something that must be done because of legal or moral duty) freely (without restrictions, controls, or limits), without any mental reservation (arrangement made beforehand) or purpose (reason for existence) of evasion (the reason for which something exists or for which it has been done or made); and that I will (power to decide) well (with proficiency, skill, or expertise) and faithfully (consistently loyal) discharge (to complete a duty, responsibility, or promise successfully) the duties (obligation) of the office on which I am about to enter (become involved in): So (the reason for doing what has just been mentioned) help (make it easier or possible) me God.

By Craig Bushon (Be First In Media)

No comments:

Post a Comment